“Certification now means the pursuit of higher excellence in BSP beyond Phase 1 & 2.
But it should also mean the beginning of ongoing future pursuit of learning and development.
There are no guarantees in therapy or in life.
But the best we can provide for our clients is the commitment to ongoing study and the pursuit of excellence in our abilities as healers.”
~ Dr. David Grand
The forms below are for Practitioner use:
- Download the Certification Application
- Download the Renewal Application
- Download the Session Tracking Form
- Consultant/Expert Review Form
- Consultant Reporting Form
Are you ready to become a
Brainspotting Australia Pacific
Certified Brainspotting Practitioner?
A MINIMUM PREREQUISITE FOR TAKING ANY BSP TRAINING or PROGRESSION ON TO BECOME A CERTIFIED BRAINSPOTTING AUSTRALIA PACIFIC PRACTITIONER IS:
PRACTITIONER MUST HAVE CURRENT MEMBERSHIP IN A MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER ORGANISATION WHICH HAS ETHICAL STANDARDS BY WHICH THE MEMBER MUST COMPLY.
PLUS COMPLETION OF
PHASE ONE AND TWO BSP TRAINING
Certification in BSP through Brainspotting Australia Pacific means:
- You have demonstrated an integrated understanding, competence, mastery and fluency in all aspects of Brainspotting practice taught in Phases One and Two including all the Set-Ups and concepts taught.
- You are able to manage your own activation/countertransference in session with clients and in consultation/supervision session.
- You have done sufficient personal growth sessions, preferably utilising BRAINSPOTTING, to be able to best serve your clients needs during a Brainspotting session without your own issues impacting the session negatively.
- We highly recommend applicants complete a minimum of 5 personal BSP sessions as they work towards Certification.
- These may be via e-telehealth technology (Zoom, Skype) or in-person.
- Your BSP therapist must sign a document confirming you have completed these sessions.
- We, at BSP Australia Pacific, believe that self-regulation skills, and the ability to manage one’s countertransference, are vital prerequisites for any therapist who earns the designation of Certified Brainspotting Practitioner through Brainspotting Australia Pacific, as these are necessary to be able to adequately attune with one’s clients. Attunement is a cornerstone of Brainspotting.
- If this criteria, is not met adequately: Additional personal therapy sessions, and the completion of emotional regulation skills will be required before progression onwards to Certification is resumed.
Additional specific requirements:
- A MINIMUM OF SIX hours (in effect from March, 2019) of individual consultation/supervision from a Trainer or BSP Consultant/Expert.
- Comprised of:
- A maximum of 2 hours of BSP Consultation towards Certification may be completed after Phase One training.
- The following 4+ hours of BSP Consultation towards Certification may be completed after Phase Two training.
Additional consultation/supervision sessions will be required UNTIL ALL the above personal and professional criteria are adequately met.
This is decided by the BSP Supervisor/Consultant.
If there is a question or disagreement by the applicant about meeting all the above criteria, another Consultant/Trainer can be asked to assess the applicant against all BSP Australia Pacific’s criterion.
In Australia, Dr Roby Abeles, Salene Souza or Kaye Griffin can provide Consultation/Supervision.
You may choose any Trainer or BSP Consultant worldwide.
However, if you choose to gain Certification through a country with less criterion for BSP Certification than those held by BSP Australia Pacific, you may not be added to the BSP Australia Pacific, Certified Brainspotting Practitioner page.
- The first 3 hours of Consultation/Supervision towards Certification is a formal review of all applicant’s BSP skills and competency in all criteria required for certification.
- The next 3+ hours of Consultation/Supervision can be BSP case consultations.
- The final hour is to collate and finish all paperwork for submission to BTI.
Alternate 5 hours towards Certification
- Completion of an in-person 5 day Intensive with David Grand, or another BTI approved Intensive trainer, can be exchanged for 5 hours of supervision. PLUS
- AN ADDITIONAL 2+ hours of Consultation/Supervision must be completed with an approved Trainer/Consultant, to ensure applicant has demonstrated an integrated understanding, competence, mastery and fluency in all aspects of Brainspotting practice taught in Phases One and Two including all the Set-Ups and concepts taught. (Approved by David Grand)
- Additional Consultation/Supervision may be required until these criteria are met fully.
Once all required criteria, forms and Consultation sessions are completed;
- All 50 client and 6+ supervision/consultation sessions plus 5+ personal Brainspotting sessions, to be documented on a consultation/supervision form approved by BTI
- Applicant sends all forms and US$150 to David Grand’s assistant Laurie Delaney firstname.lastname@example.org at The BSP Training Institute (BTI). International Credit Cards accepted.
- Consultant/Supervisor send their forms to BTI to confirm all Australian criterion for BSP Certification have been met.